So you're thinking about joining the Krewe of Gemini?
Download load our Membership Application by clicking here.
Out of Town Member
*Float riders will be required to purchase the minimum throws from the Krewe of Gemini based on current throw price.
What does my Membership give me?
- Monthly Membership Meetings:
- All members are welcome and encouraged to attend the Monthly Membership meetings, held on the 3rd Monday of every month, at the Krewe of Gemini Den/Mardi Gras Museum. Social Time starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7:00 pm. Cash Bar will be open from 6:30 till the end of the meeting.
- Voting on Gemini Business:
- Full and Social Membership gives you one vote per member, on various elections and discussions, at the monthly membership meetings.
- Out of Town Members are not allowed to vote, but options and discussions are welcome.
- Party Admission:
- Full and Social Memberships gives you admission to all parties, during your membership period, which include: Theme Announcement Party, Coronation, Fall Flambeau, and the Grand Ball.
- Party admission for Out of Town Members is extra. Admission subject to current price of event attending.
- Float Riding Position during Parade:
- Full and Out of Town Members will be assigned one position per membership, on a float of his or her choosing, if positions are available. Members may with reassigned to another float if the requested float is full.
- Cocktails with the Captain:
- All members are welcome and encouraged to attend the monthly Cocktails with the Captain, which will be held at various establishments in the Shreveport/Bossier area. Drinks Specials will be negotiated.
What about Beads and other Throws?
- All Full and Out of Town Members are required to purchase throws, a $325 minimum for adults riders and a $200 minimum for child riders. Beads and Throws are available for purchased through the Krewe.
Why Join the Krewe of Gemini?
- Friendships Developed - Meet people in a unique way from a variety of backgrounds; Develop relationships and contacts that can benefit you in your personal and business life; Renew acquaintances with leaders in the community
- Business Contacts Made - Corporate leaders, bankers, and business owners become known to you on a personal level; Opportunities exist to increase contacts with others doing business with the krewe; Develop and share ideas with others in related fields
- Service to the Community - Give back to the community that has supported you in many different ways; Watch the excitement on the faces of thousands of children and adults along the parade route as they yell "Throw me something mister" and they receive a bead, a football, a stuffed animal or a cup; Visit schools, hospitals, and adult care facilities to share the joy and the spirit of Mardi Gras while bringing them joy and pleasure.
- Economic Development - Mardi Gras has a tremendous economic impact on Northwest Louisiana with tens of thousands of visitors occupying our hotels, eating in our restaurants, and gaming in our casinos; With all of the people lining the parade route, the population of Shreveport-Bossier more than doubles.
- Social Adventure - Black-tie, semi-formal and informal activities abound; Parties include the extravagant Grand Tableau, Theme Announcement, Fall Flambeau, Christmas, Float Loading, and the very popular Coronation-all included in your membership at no additional cost
- Family Entertainment Opportunities - Children and grandchildren of members have the opportunity to ride in the Krewe of Gemini parade; The Fall Flambeau is designed as a child friendly event
- Fun and the Ride of Your Life - There is no experience like watching the crowds split along the parade route to allow the parade to proceed or to see the glimmer in the eyes of a child; Develop a "feel good" experience as you hand a mother holding a child a stuffed animal; Throw a Frisbee and see if someone catches it before it bounces; Hear the tinkling of doubloons hitting the concrete and see the mad scramble for those metal trinkets
- Chance to be Royalty - You can even become royalty! Every member of the krewe has the opportunity to be a part of the royal court, receiving recognition, participating in all the Ark-La-Tex Mardi Gras activities, visiting schools and nursing homes, and going to numerous "royalty" parties all year!
Can my children ride in the parade?
- Yes they can; on an age appropiate float. The Child Rider Fee is $50 per year, and requires that a Full Member, sponser that child. The age requirement is 7-20 year of age. Child Floats are available, with chaperones and security provided. Child Bead packeges are purchased through the Krewe.