2012 Parade Rules
PARADE RULES FOR ALL RIDERS
Please remember to act in a manner to endear the Krewe before, during and after the parade. You are responsible for your actions. If you drink, please do not over indulge and please have a designated driver after the parade to drive you home.
- You must wear a mask and gloves at all times during the parade. This is a Krewe requirement and a Mardi Gras tradition. Anyone observed not wearing a mask or gloves may be subject to a fine of $50.00 and/or suspended from riding a float for one year.
- Drink all beverages from a Krewe mug.
- DO NOT openly display any alcoholic beverages. THIS IS ILLEGAL!!!!!
- DO NOT Throw any food items.
- DO NOT smoke on the float at any time. FIRE HAZARD!!!!!.
- DO NOT bring any glass containers on the float. Transfer into plastic containers at home.
- DO NOT “HAND” anyone throws during the parade. This makes it difficult on the walkers and police to keep people away from the float.
- DO NOT hang over the edge of the float. People will grab the throws around your neck and arms.
- DO NOT throw while the float is stopped. This causes people to RUSH the float and makes it difficult for the walkers and police to control the crowd.
- DO NOT throw to spectators, band, and walkers or police before the parade officially begins. The parade starts at the corner of LAKE ST and CLYDE FANT PARKWAY and ends just before we turn off KINGS HWY on to PRESTON ST.
- YOU MAY give throws to the police along the route. For the walkers and drivers safety. It is best to distribute throws to them at the end of the parade.
- THROW AWAY FROM THE FLOAT. This helps keep the crowds back.
- NOTIFY your Float Lt. immediately in case of an accident, injury or emergency. Medical vehicles and police are available throughout the parade route.
- DO NOT THROW IN THE POSTED “NO THROW ZONES”. They are Railroad Underpass just north of Veterans Memorial from the beginning of the concrete dividers to the dividers end, and the Stoner Ave. Bridge.
- DO NOT throw at the Channel 3 Broadcast Booth. They are blinded by the lights and cannot see what is thrown. Throw to the crowd around them.
- BE GENEROUS WITH YOUR THROWS THROUGHOUT THE PARADE.
- DO NOT EXIT FLOAT UNTIL COMPLETELY STOPPED!!!!
- THANK YOU AND HAVE A FUN AND SAFE RIDE!!!!
These rules are for every ones safety. Your Float Lt. is responsible for seeing that all riders follow these instructions. Please do not make it any harder on your Float Lt. by having to remind you of these rules. Who knows, you may be the Lt. next year.
Last Updated (Friday, 10 February 2012 16:19)